Our client is a Dutch-owned agriculture & food technology enterprise, that designs, build and operates smart farms. They utilise AI, robotics, renewable energy and water management systems together with high precision farming technology and climate neutral smart farming process to grow pesticide free, high quality fruit and vegetables 365 days per year.
An industry-leading new development will be the largest and most significant Vertical Farm for soft fruit in the UK. This brand new site will require a number of key management hires.
We are on the search for a Compliance Manager ideally with fresh produce experience.
You will be responsible for monitoring and improving the quality & technical standards. You will also be responsible for Technical standards to ensure they remain robust, effective and industry leading.
You will need to have an excellent technical understanding of the fresh produce quality requirements and accreditation expected by the UK retailers. Ideally you should have at least 5 years experience of working in a similar technical role. You will need to have worked within the production function understanding the pressures on labour and quality as well as utilising your knowledge of BRC, HACCP, Global GAP, Nurture, Assured Produce and LEAF standards. Excellent interpersonal skills are vital in order for you to develop and assure a great working relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Lead auditor or equivalent formal auditing qualification, previously in an internal or external supplier auditing role
• Previous retail customer facing experience
• Proven track record of implementing food safety and manufacturing standards (in the fresh produce supply chain), undertaking risk assessments and root cause analysis to enable supply chain integrity and transparency
• Extensive incident and crisis management experience, supporting suppliers to resolve non-conformances / resolve issues to remove barriers to supply
• At least 3 years’ experience in manufacturing/production/farming/retail/auditing in technical roles
• At least 2 years’ technical/operational experience in the fresh produce category
• HACCP Level 3-4 qualification
• QMS review and implementation
• Field to fork auditing experience
• Familiar with retailer online systems such as TQC or Foods Connected, or Food Experts
• Familiar with global gap, TN11, and / or assured produce
This is a great opportunity not to be missed for someone who gets a real buzz out of driving improvements and wants to join a business that is constantly looking for new challenges.
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, please call Ian Reed or apply via. this website without delay.