Our client is a third generation family owned business established in 1959 to service the needs of the canning industry. The company has developed into a fully integrated operation involved in growing, processing and marketing vegetables for food manufacturing in the UK and through Europe, handling over 80,000 tonnes of products annually. Due to recent developments, they are now on the hunt for an experienced Compliance & Technical Manager to help support this business-critical function.
- To ensure that all raw material supplied from growers/suppliers successfully meet all compliance and legislative criteria in terms of quality, food safety, ethical, integrity and security requirements and is therefore suitable and approved for use.
- Full responsibility of managing the grower approval process ensuring all necessary information – including load passport and traceability requirements are accurately and fully recorded to provide a clear audit trail ensuring produce can be swiftly processed by factory avoiding unnecessary delays and financial losses
- Build strong and collaborative working relations with growers/suppliers ensuring ongoing compliance, adherence to latest legislation and external/internal standards are being met and maintained.
- Ensure all growers/suppliers are complying with legislation and ethical frameworks with regards to labour providers.
MAIN DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage the whole process of supplier approval.
- Distribute and collate Grower packs ensuring completion of all necessary documentation in a timely manner
- Manage raw material intake passports for UK crop and carry out traceability checks as required
- Liaise with factory team to ensure Customers varying expectations and standards can be achieved with suppliers/growers including Pesticide approval against PPU/PPPL
- Undertake grower/supplier visits and complete relevant assessments (such as Greenlight), audits (such as Red Tractor, Soil Association, Supplier due diligence) and tests such as Pesticide and Heavy Metal as and when required
- Manage compliance databases (internal and external / on-line) and provide information and support for numerous sites during their audit processes.
- Build strong and collaborative external working relations with suppliers and growers ensuring paperwork and information remains accurate and current – any changes to be swiftly processed and communicated to the relevant internal departures to ensure production is working to the latest specifications.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, don’t delay get your application in today!