Consumer & Customer Manager, Vegetable Seeds
Executive Package including Car and Bonus
We are proud to be working exclusively with the world’s leading agro-chemical company. Our client offers intelligent solutions for customers and for a sustainable future. They connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world.
Due to recent developments, we are excited to offer you a unique, exciting Consumer & Customer Manager job within their Vegetable Seeds business. With over 1,200 seed varieties in ~25 vegetable crops, their industry-leading business unit is a world-renowned brand in the vegetable, fruits and salads seed sector. Their breeding programs are able to deliver innovative products which in turn help improve their customers’ business growth and profitability.
So let’s start with the most important thing. Why is this job for you?
- You will work on creating strategic partnerships with customers (retailers, produce suppliers/processors)
- You share our clients’ belief that collaboration is the best way to serve the value chain
- It’s a challenging position, with an international aspect and a lot of autonomy
- You have the opportunity to create a strong internal network and expand your external network
- You’ll work for a company that invests highly in research and development of new vegetable & salad varieties.
What you can expect
As the Consumer & Customer Manager you will build and manage customer relationships and strategic partnerships for the co-creation and implementation of customer- and consumer focused concepts for mutual business development. You will work with customers whose goal is to directly or indirectly reach the consumers of vegetables worldwide.
You will manage the customer relationships and partnerships, identify opportunities and collect ideas for added value concepts and bring these to the team for development.
As Customer Lead, you will be accountable and responsible to reach the objectives (sales, projects, strategies and actions) short, medium and long term, at the selected customers. In addition, you will:
- Plan, develop and implement (trade) marketing activities with customers and partners to generate sales of produce that will induce seed sales of our clients’ varieties.
- Sell or help to sell innovative concepts by maintaining a strong link to the crop team.
- Drive consumer & customer insights and the early identification and understanding of key market trends, threats and opportunities to support direction for stakeholders
- Contribute to the industry mapping – understand the network of businesses and relationships
- Foster innovation and contribute to building the image of a credible partner, by ensuring visibility and active knowledge sharing, both internally and externally.
You are a strong personality with a flair for communication. You like to connect with people from diverse cultures and with different styles. You have a positive and proactive attitude and you love to take initiative. You are self-motivated, goal oriented and a team player.
- You have min 5 years’ experience in an Customer Management/Insight role (or similar) and a background in Fresh Produce
- You have the ability to think in customer-centric concepts and to develop joint customer strategies
- You bring entrepreneurial spirit and are willing to take on challenges
- You are an excellent team player and have leadership capabilities
- Good communication skills in English, other languages are advantageous
- This role is home based – You preferably live in the South of England and have knowledge of the UK fresh food market.
What you can expect
You have the opportunity to be part of a culture where they value the passion of employees.
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
- an inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues
- a successful innovative organisation
- international career possibilities
- challenges and possibilities to learn and to develop
Apply via this website with your CV details to find our more about this career enhancing role.
And for a confidential chat about this role, please contact Ian Reed at Redfox quoting Ref: 5132IR on +44 (0) 1284 715055