To lead, drive and coordinate a team of Field Harvesting staff ensuring that they all achieve daily targets of output, and maintain quality, field standards, procedural accuracy and compliance. An essential part of the role is to liaise with and coordinate instructions from the senior management ensuring that crop quality, and availability are effectively communicated and recorded throughout all stages of the harvesting process. You will drive productivity and be a strong motivator who leads by example to maximise efficiencies, monitoring harvest rates and all customer and business standards. Work with Management and other team members to develop a team ethos and to deliver the aims of the business.
• Lead, drive, coordinate and mentor a team of harvesting staff to achieve consistent high standards of productivity, quality, safety and legality in all aspects of the field harvesting operation.
• Manage the ongoing and day to day performance of all staff under your direct authority.
• Ensure that all equipment it is available prior to the commencement of harvesting. (e.g. Scales, trays etc.)
• To communicate and coordinate the daily production estimates ensuring that it is followed and that any anomalies, problems, or system errors are highlighted and effectively managed.
• To analyse and resolve any operational issues that may arise.
• Liaise with senior management to ensure that interdepartmental coordination and communication is effective and is maintained.
• Take responsibility for ensuring the ongoing accuracy of all paperwork and traceability systems.
• To ensure that all products meet the required standard.
• Demonstrate Leadership behaviours at all times
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a sharp eye for detail
• Excellent organisation skills with a can-do attitude
• Motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
• Flexible and adaptable
• Physically fit and prepared to work outdoors
• Computer literate and competent user of Microsoft Office
• Must have at least three years of experience within a growing or manufacturing environment in a supervisory capacity where the highest standards of accuracy and quality are essential.
• To be aware of the all customer specifications in a practical application.
• Experienced with working to strict production deadlines.
• Competent with MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experienced communicator and mentor to junior and direct report staff.
• Be highly self-motivated