Crop Manager wanted for a major supermarket Glasshouse supplier of ambient salads. Working along side another Crop Manager you will oversee all crops to ensure maximum production and quality is achieved within agreed budgetary constraints.
Further role elements are :
- To ensure that all Company and Production Systems are maintained.
- To ensure that high standards of production are achieved and maintained.
- To ensure that all practices and procedures executed on the nursery comply with statutory and corporate health & Safety regulations and Food Safety Systems.
- To ensure that actions support comply with company’s interest.
- To ensure the crop and its services are well maintained.
- To fully understand the crops requirements to achieve its potential for quality and quantity and be able to operate the crop control system.
- To assist in drawing up work programs.
- To liaise with the General Manager and marketing on product quality and quantity.
- To assist in interviewing, inducting and training new staff.
- To be involved in customer visits as required.
- To monitor and maintain HACCP.
- To have an excellent knowledge of plant physiology and nutritional requirements.
- To be able to identify pest, diseases and disorders and have knowledge of their controls.
- To be qualified in tractor and fork truck driving and handling.
- To be qualified in Chemical spraying.
- To keep aware of and be prepared to train in the developments in glasshouse crop production.
- To ensure that staff are made aware of their responsibilities to the Company.
Don’t delay your application, please submit your CV via this website immediately !