As the largest integrated forestry business in the UK, our client is Europe’s leading timber processing operation. They are a rapidly developing multi-site business, with a turnover in excess of £650m and operations spanning forestry, sawmilling, timber manufacturing and energy.
This business unit is located at Bronington on the Welsh Borders. The nursery produces an extensive range of commercial forestry and native broadleaf species, marketing approximately 33 million trees a year to customers throughout the UK and Europe. This is an exciting time to join the business, especially with their continued growth plans.
As part of their ambitious growth and continued plans, they are looking to recruit a Crop Technician. Working with the Agronomy Manager, the Crop Technician will oversee the tree production, monitoring the tree health and adherence to the growing protocols and production plans for both sites in Wales and Scotland.
Specifically, some responsibilities of a Crop Technician may include:
• Carrying out regular crop walks to monitor pest and disease.
• Responsible for conducting field trials evaluating pesticides and nutrition products.
• Playing a key role in the tree breeding programme.
• Understanding and implementing Health and Safety, Environmental and other regulatory procedures when necessary.
• Ensuring quality standards are adhered to.
• Responsible for inputting data using our horticultural production software.
You will be expected to work closely with the management team suggesting new ideas and exploring new opportunities.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has previous experience in a similar job role. You must be highly organised, have excellent attention to detail and with a can do attitude. You will be using a range of different IT programmes so you must have strong IT skills.
Holding the necessary PA1 and PA6 spray certificates would be an advantage but is not essential as training can be given.
In return, you can look forward to developing a long-term career with one of the industry’s leading employers. As well as the competitive salary, this position includes other benefits such as:
• 31 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays), increasing to 33 after 2 years’ service.
• Agricultural sick pay scheme.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Funded learning and career development opportunities.
• Employee benefits portal with access to exclusive deals and discounts on 100s of high street brands, utilities, eating out and more!
If this sounds of interest and have have the pre-requisite skills, experience and qualifications, don’t delay get your application immediately via this website.