Our client is a highly successful grower/packer of Soft Fruit for the major UK retailers. Due to continued success, they are now on the hunt for an experienced and highly motivated Customer Technical Manager to join their pro-active team in Evesham, Worcs.
In this role you will be first point of call for one of their major retail customers.
• Responsible for pro-actively developing a strong relationship with retail customer
• Responsible for supplier Due Diligence management for the global supply base in line with customer requirements and customer web-based programmes eg. Muddy Boots and residue testing requirements.
• Responsible for supplier auditing programme to meet customer requirements including ethical and F2F.
• Ensure the appropriate systems and procedures are in place regarding quality, food safety & ethics.
• Maintain strong relationships with Technical teams in global supply base and new supplier approval.
• Work with suppliers on quality issues and new product development.
• Remain up to date with changing regulations regards residues, pesticides etc.
• Deal with quality or food safety/legal issues.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Agri-Food/Food Science related degree
• Minimum 5 years’ experience within Fresh Produce Technical in a retail-facing role
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent IT skills
Must be a leader as well as a Technical team member who is proactive and has meticulous attention to detail, along with excellent verbal and written communication in addition to team working skills.