As a Data Analyst you will be involved in building and delivering BI, data and reporting solutions. Ensure readily accessible management information for all users through the identification, design and implementation of business system and process improvements. Provide the business & stake holders with high quality data visualisations and analysis to help answer key institutional questions and enable evidence-based decision making. Database administrator for MS SQL Server based systems. To include the planning, development and overall ownership of the database infrastructure. Ensuring the data across the company remains consistent,
accurate, secure and available to all users.
- The identification, design and implementation of business system and process improvements.
- Provide the business & stake holders with high quality data visualisations and analysis to help answer key institutional questions and enable evidence-based decision making.
- To act as the database administrator for MS SQL Server based systems, including the planning, development and overall ownership of the database infrastructure.
- Develop and test new application functions and features for existing business systems
- Interpret data and analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing BI reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality.
- Conduct system testing and user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Design and implementation of tables, stored procedures, functions, models, security and jobs within all SQL applications.
- Assist with reconfiguration, translation and migration of data in systems.
Skills & Experiences
- Previous experience in a Data Analyst, Business Data Analyst or BI Analyst role is essential.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc), databases (SQL etc).
- Highly proficient in querying and modifying in SQL Server including general DBA tasks.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc).
- Experience of visualisation tools (Qlik, Power BI, Tableau, Crystal reports etc.).
- Management of an organisation’s data and metadata
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience in a database focused role.
- Strong experience of installing, administering and troubleshooting SQL environments to resolve critical database issues including SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2016.
- Knowledge of database design and programming (T-SQL)
- Excel and advanced formulas
- VBA or similar scripting knowledge
Location : Chichester, West Sussex
FTC (12 months)