We are working with arguably one of the most ambitious vertical farms in Europe. Their vision and drive has resulted in a production unit second-to-none and is soon to be producing exceptional crops for a range of customers. Due to this and future rapid developments there is a need for an extremely driven Environmental Health & Safety Manager to help build on this success.
Responsible for all environmental and health and safety related matters that impact the business and its employees. Ensuring all regulatory requirements are met and that the business operates legally, safely and responsibly, for all its employees and anyone else affected by the actions of the business. Supporting and improving the effectiveness of the farms by implementing and maintaining a system of audits and reviews that would create a safe environment for all and identifying and supporting the relevant training programs to constantly improve the performance of the teams.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To have ownership of and lead the Environmental Health and Safety strategy for the organization and all sites.
- Successfully Introduce ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 certifications.
- Implement processes and procedures as well as standard operating instructions across the business.
- Inspect or evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and regulatory requirements.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers’ health or safety.
- Liaise with other functions throughout the business to advise on EHS matters.
- Advise on the business on ongoing legislative changes, and the requirements to remain legally compliant.
- Strive to ensure company develops an accident and incident free culture.
- Design and implement daily / weekly / monthly EHS reporting packs, and when required present these to all levels of staff throughout the business.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing significant improvement projects that have delivered positive results in the safety and environmental areas.
- A background of working within large scale processes and automation.
- Full knowledge of EHS legal requirements.
- Involvement in the introduction and continuing certification to ISO 14001 & 45001.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate Qualified.
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management Qualified.
- Has previously held site responsibility for environment, health and safety.
- Powerful insight into behavioural based safety, and experience of working directly with teams to deliver improvements in safety culture.
- Experienced working within food processing or other ‘high-care’ environments.
- PUWER certification.
- NEBOSH Diploma Qualified.
- IEMA Diploma Qualified.
- Working Knowledge and Practical Involvement with the Construction, Design and Management