Our client is a leading player in the vertical farming industry, specializing in market-leading salad cropping. They are on the brink of revolutionizing the farming industry by changing the way the world feeds itself through vertical farming. Their vertical farming site is poised to become one of the largest and most advanced in the world. This is your chance to be an integral part of our clients growth and success.
The Engineering Lead will have full responsibility for the team of engineering technicians, providing planning and practical support to ensure the effective and efficient performance of the processes, from goods into despatch.
As well as providing support for the engineering and technical staff, the Engineering Lead will need to actively participate in the scheduled maintenance, respond to breakdowns etc and act in a hands-on manner if required.
The Engineering Lead will also have responsibility for key metrics such as MTTR and MTBF as well as primary budget management in connection with technical stores. In addition, this role is a key contributor for ideas and improvement to continuously improve the performance of the Farm.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To have ownership of and lead a team of Engineering technicians
• Diagnose faults, repair equipment and be hands on if required
• Managing budgets and maintaining statistical and financial records,
• Suggesting ideas for continuous improvement
• Has a mix of strategic and operational skills (50/50 operational and strategic)
• Previous experience leading an engineering team
• NHD/HNC Qualified in a relevant engineering discipline
• Previous exposure to Food Industry
• Experienced working in a BRC compliant and hygienic environment
If this sounds like the role you’ve been looking for, don’t delay, get your application in via. this website immediately.