Our client is a vertical farming company, with the aim of feeding the world, and is taking a revolutionary approach to growing short, leafy, green plants. Our client is looking for an experience Engineering Technician to deliver planned preventative maintenance and swiftly respond to breakdowns on a wide range of automated machinery such as conveyors, ASRS, Vacuum chillers, multihead weighers, vertical form sealers and wrapping machines. Carrying out fault finding on PLC systems, electrical installation and mechanical equipment.
This is a hands-on role requiring engineering experience combined with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team ethic.
- Maintaining and improving process plant and equipment.
- Building an effective CMMS system, carrying out required planned maintenance activities, generating and implementing maintenance SOP’s and carrying out corrective maintenance repairs in a timely manner.
- Increasing efficiency and yield by the continuous improvement of the process
- Train staff in new and existing processes
- Collaborate with other engineers, contractors and suppliers
- Operate to a high degree of Health and Safety and good housekeeping standards by operating within the HSE protocols e.g. Permit to Work, Risk Assessment, Method Statement, Safe System of Work, Standard Operating Procedures, LOTO
- Operate to and deliver high standards of food hygiene
- Carry out small projects, and modifications as required.
• NVQ level 3 (essential)
• City and Guilds, Electrical / Mechanical (essential)
• A thorough understanding of skill set (Mechanical and Electrical) (Essential)
• Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship (desirable)
• 17th Edition I.E.E. regulations (essential)
• Competency in PLC’s at fault finding level (essential)
• An aptitude for fault diagnosis and logical thinking (essential)
• Must be able to read, understand and work with schematic drawings (Essential)
• Hold advanced electrical wiring and maintenance skills (desirable)
• Inspection, testing and certification (desirable)
• Good General Workshop Skills (essential)
• Must be capable of Self Organisation & Self-Motivation (essential)
• Experience of working with Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (desirable)
• Demonstrable skills in CI, TPM, Lean techniques. (desirable)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in the world’s leading highly automated vertical growing facility. If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, don’t delay, get your application in without fail today!