Our client is a significant leader in their field and has created a partnership with a key UK/EU retailer that is second to none. They are expanding as a business rapidly and as such they now require an ETHICAL COMPLIANCE CO-ORDINATOR. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has an interest in ethical issues and problem solving. The role would suit someone with an analytical bias together with being able to demonstrate high levels of integrity and decision making. A good working knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint and Word is also a must. The role is an administrative role, and therefore suitable candidates will be happy to do day to day admin, chasing progress and performing auditing.
Ensure compliance to Customer Human Rights Policies and issue updates where required to business and suppliers.
Ensure that all suppliers / growers undergo compliant ethical third-party audits in line with customer requirements, including SMETA, SIZA, WEITA, RFA, FT and GRASP. • Track all suppliers’ progress in terms of compliant ethical audit booking, through to audit completion and publication on Sedex:
Ensure SMETA audits are booked with approved CB. o Review CAPR against the non-conformance criteria for SMETA ahead of audit publication on Sedex.
Ensure all SMETA reports are published on SEDEX within 28 days from the audit.
Once the SMETA report is available on Sedex, review and ensure closure and / or progression of open critical / business critical SMETA non-conformances within the agreed timeframes on Sedex.
Ensure that suppliers book follow up audits to close open critical / business critical nonconformances requiring follow up audit closure, within the agreed timeframes.
Ensure corrective action plan held for non-conformance closure and / or letter of commitment to action closure of critical / business critical non-conformances (if required).
Proactive follow up with suppliers directly, via DD team, and / or TM.
Follow up with CB, including call with SIPAS every 4 weeks.
Update portal to reflect live ethical compliance data by supplier.
Trend and report to the business on a regular basis supplier compliance against the above points, including open critical non-conformances reporting via Sedex.
Support in any investigations as required on any supply base ethical issues.
• Reviewing other supplier ethical certification e.g. SIZA, WIETA, RFA, FT and GRASP audits and ensure all non-conformances closure within timeframes.
• Champion Sedex , including liaising with Sedex account manager and representing at working groups and forums where required. Ensure all supplier sites are compliant with customer Sedex requirements such as visibility and SAQ completion.
• Complete accommodation risk assessments using data gathering to evaluate the risk to supply base in line with customer Human Rights Policies on accommodation.
• Collate ethical data as required by the business.
• Attend relevant customer ethical conferences / seminars / forums as required. Report to the business actions required. Ensure supplier engagement where required. Participate in working groups as required.
• Support the Compliance team in administrative functions as requested.
This is a full time role, hours are 8:00 – 17:00 with 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
How to Apply
Just send through your CV or call Caroline on 01284 715055 – Ref 05116CC