Our client is one of UK’s largest importers and packers of fresh produce supplying many of the top UK food retailers. They are renowned for sourcing and packing a range of fresh produce from around the world and have a great rapport with their grower base and customers. Our client is now seeking an Ethical & Compliance Lead to join their highly motivated team based in Spalding, Lincs.
Reporting to the Head of Technical, you will be responsible for Supply Chain due diligence monitoring, updating, reporting and improving. Along with your team, you will be responsible for Supply Chain Ethical systems, risk management, pesticide compliance, traceability and auditing.
You will need to have an excellent technical understanding of the fresh produce quality requirements and accreditations expected by the UK retailers. Ideally you should have at least 5 years experience of working in a similar role. Excellent interpersonal skills are vital in order for you to develop and assure a great working relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead auditor or equivalent formal auditing qualification, previously in an internal or external supplier auditing role
- Proven track record of implementing food safety and manufacturing standards (in the fresh produce supply chain), undertaking risk assessments and root cause analysis to enable supply chain integrity and transparency
- Extensive incident and crisis management experience, supporting suppliers to resolve non-conformances / resolve issues to remove barriers to supply
- Ability to manage, lead and inspire a team essential
- At least 2 years’ technical/operational experience in the fresh produce category
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience of Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury and ASDA produce or manufacturing standards
- HACCP Level 3-4 qualification
- QMS review and implementation
- Field to fork auditing experience (Muddyboots)
- Ethical auditing experience, SEDEX/SIZA
- Familiar with retailer online systems such as TQC or Foods Connected, or Food Experts
This is a great opportunity not to be missed for someone who gets a real buzz out of driving improvements and wants to join a business that is constantly looking for new challenges.