Our global client grows and sources fresh fruit worldwide, marketing and distributing to European and UK markets. Their success and business acumen has made them a highly respected supplier and employer within their sector and they now seek an enthusiastic and ambitious Commercial Manager to further develop their European customer-base.
This exciting role will require an individual with passion and energy that will converse at a various levels with European retailers and global suppliers & growers. Of graduate calibre, you will have come from a similar role within a fresh produce business or a retailer, where financial, stock & people management will come naturally. You will have a proven track record of procurement in an FMCG environment and experience in dealing with multiples in procuring and selling fresh produce. Confident and resilient as well as strong negotiation and presentation skills are a pre-requisite.
A good working knowledge of a fresh produce and German-based retailers would be a distinct advantage!
You must be able to speak English & Spanish.
1. Manage allocated accounts ensuring customer satisfaction with a view to maintain and develop new business using an in-depth knowledge of the product and the supply chain
2. Fully accountable of specific accounts including service level, quality performance, customer credit coverage and P&L
3. Develop new and drive existing customer accounts within Europe (particularly Germany), by demonstrating the commercial benefits of the company and leveraging knowledge about the category and the market
4. Initiate and lead in-house projects to take on new products and accounts, bringing them through from idea to launch
5. Develop new and drive existing customer accounts within Europe (particularly Germany), by demonstrating the commercial benefits of the company and leveraging knowledge about the category and the market
6. Keep up to date with the Fresh Produce Industry with any new literature and market information
7. Regularly visit customers and stores building a well-rounded picture of the company position versus the competition
8. Participate and collaborate in commercial, production, quality, technical and stock meetings and projects as well as internal and external training
9. Build relationships with customers (internal and external) through regular meetings and presentations
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop with an established and professional business with ambitious growth plans that offers a generous remuneration package awaits the ideal candidate. If this sounds like you, do not hesitate – call Ian at Redfox without delay.
Location : South of Rotterdam, Holland