Farm Manager Required for a Leading Cereal Farming Business
Based Eastern Counties – UK
Excellent Package with Accommodation
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an astute and commercial margin focused Farm Manager to take ownership of an 850 ha unit comprising of mostly cereals with the possibility to further expand and to also diversify into non-farming areas.
Main Elements of The Role:
To manage all of the arable operations in their entirety, establishing crop plans, operational planning and budgeting with an environmental focus as well as recruiting and managing the associated Farm teams. Innovative cropping and husbandry are part of their business strategy along with a focus on soil improvements and regenerative agriculture. The Farm is set for further expansion and to also diversify to farming and non-farming operations, which you will play an integral part of.
- Introduce further comprehensive precision farming techniques to the farms to increase efficiencies and yields.
- Understand the importance of timing in all aspects of agricultural operations, with a focus on soil preparation and planting.
- Work closely with the owners to optimise schemes to provide both commercial and environmental benefits as well as modelling potential diversification options.
- Creating leadership and buy in from the associated staff and instigating appropriate training to maximise their retention and productivity.
- Act as a mentor to the team, providing leadership and direction to staff and empower them by providing the knowledge and experience to manage the farm business with autonomy.
- Work with their existing Agronomists to maximise the gross margin of crop yields.
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures as well as majoring on attention to detail for what has previously been an arable show farm.
What Is Our Client Looking For:
To be successful in such a high-profile role, you will be an experienced Farm Manager or an Assistant Farm Manager, ready to take the next step in your career with a hugely progressive farming business. You will be a proven people manager of degree calibre who is production minded with, coupled with potentially already having obtained yours BASIS and FACTS qualifications. If you also have experience on heavy land, that will also be advantageous as well.
The key element for this role is that our client is looking for an individual that can farm progressively as well as shaping the business for the long term future around their farming expansion and diversification plans.
To explore this hugely career enhancing opportunity with this leading farming business, please submit your CV via this website or call Max MacGillivray quoting Redfox Ref: 05370M on 01284 715055 for a confidential discussion.