Great Package & Incentives
Our client has spotted the opportunity to eliminate the shoulders of their supply chain in the UK and the EU by establish and creating a highly successful and professional growing operation in West Africa. This has given them a uniqueness in their fresh categories that has secured their relationships with key retailers to give a year round supply of much sought after fresh produce lines.
As part of a larger Group, they successfully grow, pack, distribute and sell salad and vegetables to the UK, European and American supermarkets and wholesaler sectors.
They are now in a position of looking for a Farm Manager to take further forward the success they have created to date in West Africa.
We are ideally looking for a team player who has a good knowledge of crop production, who is adaptable, logical and flexible, and who is capable of managing a team as well as being an effective communicator across many levels.
The role will include the management of:
- Health and safety within the farming operation
- Planning and implementing the Crop Production programmes.
- Ensure Crops are produced safely with the highest Ethical, environmental and Food Safety standards.
- All Farm operations including cultivations, drilling, spraying , fertilising and irrigation with pivot irrigation.
- Management of all Harvest Operations.
- Planning irrigation scheduling and crop agronomy.
- Managing a team of people including machinery operators, supervisors and a Technical Manager.
What we want to see:
- Good knowledge of irrigated Salad and vegetable crop production
- A great understanding of Health and Safety and Food Safety.
- Ideally a formal Agricultural qualification
- A good knowledge of the operation of modern machinery
- Excellent people management skills
- To be practical and able to think for themselves and solve problems/ challenges in a logical way
- Be a Good communicator with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ideally although not essential, some understanding of French language
- Be IT literate
- Able to work within a small Management team and be prepared to be flexible in getting involved in the general management of the business
As a business, we have visited the site and can state that what has been achieved to date is awe inspiring. To be part of this growing success in a region of Africa that is expanding rapidly and that is far closer to the UK/EU than East or South Africa cannot be overlooked.
To find put more, please apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray direct on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 05208M