Farm Manager Required. Salad & Herb Cropping
UK (South-East) & Portugal Based
Excellent Salary & Benefits
Our client is an ever expanding Fresh Produce business, family owned for over 30 years and proudly supply fresh healthy produce to major retailers throughout the UK as well as high end food services customers.
Due to ongoing growth they are now seeking an energetic and highly focused, forward thinking Farm Manager looking to take on their next challenge within a progressive and vibrant farming business. The role will suit an individual with 2 to 3 years of direct farming experience under their belt looking to make their next step up.
The role will be split on two growing sites being Kent and Portugal and reporting directly to the Farming Board, the responsibilities will be as follows,
- Day to day management of growing and harvest operations for the production of conventional & organic salad and herb cropping
- Managing and understand the farm’s performance and accounts to ensure crop are managed in the most profitable and efficient manner
- Continual innovation and development of precision farming.
- Introduction of more technology used to improve efficiencies and lower production costs.
- Managing, developing and motivating your team to improve their level of knowledge, allowing them to make decisions and get more involved with their career rather than a job
- Direct and co-ordinate worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, sales and record-keeping.
- Walking the crops to make decisions on their management
- Working with workshops that develop new machinery and modifying existing machinery to improve performance
- Ensuring proactive and preventative maintenance is carried out for all machinery, while coordinating the provision of equipment between various entities in the Produce for all ensuring that at all times all machinery meets both legislative and policy standards.
Who Are We Looking For:
- Minimum of 2-3 yrs. experience in crop management ideally within salads or/and herbs
- Ability to demonstrate good farming practices
- High standards of crop husbandry
- Good administration and effective use of IT will be key to the success of this role
- It will be vital you understand the growing environment and all complexities that affect the specific region in order to be able to maximize yield and profitability.
- Strong financial understanding.
- Proven track record of improving operational productivity and introducing LEAN techniques.
- Superior organizational skills.
- You will be experienced in implementing positive change
- A practical, hands-on approach.
- High self-motivated
- A clear communicator with the ability to motivate a team
- BASIS and FACTS qualifications preferable.
- Degree in agriculture preferable
- Competitive Salary.
- Continual professional (personal) development.
- Pension scheme
- Company vehicle.
- The ability to grow your career both in the UK and Portugal!
Apply today for this career enhancing role via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05125M to find out more.