FARM OPERATIONS MANAGER REQUIRED
BASED EASTERN COUNTIES – UK
EXCELLENT SALARY & BENEFITS
A leading fresh sector business is looking for you. Who are you? If you are a real people manager and are able to juggle the dual aspects of harvesting and the management aspects of a 400+ team in a very busy harvest period, then read on.
As they gain further positive demands from their customers, our client is now investing heavily into specific UK production as a natural evolution of their proven business model. Because of this exciting growth, they now wish to source a Farm Operations Manager to assist in the running of their UK fresh produce farming operations based in the Eastern Counties.
You will have responsibility for the long term strategy re harvesting and the management aspects of a full time employed team as well as a mixture of agency staff with the opportunity to develop that in in a truly exciting and entrepreneurial way.
A key requirement from our client for the role to be a success is a great leadership ability as well as enhancing team performance ongoing.
- You’ll be responsible for the success of the company in areas of including growing, technical, harvest, operations and strategic development in terms of the agricultural division
- Strong commitment to putting people first and showing the leadership required to deliver successful teams
- A proven track record of assisting to build profitable, intensive fruit or veg cropping businesses in the UK
- Understands the complex markets in which our client operates and has a proven vision of how to succeed.
- Back the company vision with a clear strategy and operational plans around harvest and harvest team management.
- Be able to engage and excite internal teams as well as external suppliers and customers in retail, food service and wider food industry about our clients fresh produce operation and bring it to life for them
THE KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Planning and managing all farm activities around crop harvest
- Preparing and implementing budgets and monitoring financial, growing and technical performance to hit target ongoing
- Ensuring that all activities are in strict compliance with relevant legislation
- Dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Presenting regular updates to the Farms Director and Board
- Developing and implementing the business strategy to create successful conclusions all round especially for all harvest aspects
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Great personal leadership style with the ability to influence, build consensus and create winning and motivated harvest teams
- Strong and credible communicator who can engage all levels
- Success in a previous similar role within the fresh produce sectors
- Clearly enjoys time with customers and employees
- Customer focussed, commercial acumen with the ability to absorb data, listen, clarify and provide insight
- Energetic, determined and works at pace while motivating others
- Competitive and enjoys winning
- A strong eye for detail, ability to get up to speed quickly on new issues and show sound judgement and logic
This is a great role with a great business. If you believe that you can make a real ongoing positive difference to our client as they grow rapidly in the UK, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Either submit your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray or Ian Reed on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05129M