Are you interested in having a meaningful impact on the world through your work?
Our client is focused on helping our clients move the needle on the sustainability of their operations through the practical application of innovation at scale. Often combining academia, with pilot projects and established industry practices, they find a way through where most only see problems.
They are now looking for a Farm Technician to work full time supporting their primary R&D work focused on plant science. This role will be responsible for the day to day operations of their flagship Vertical Farming R&D facility located in Birmingham, running experiments and trials, capturing data, assisting with operational improvements and efficiencies and working with in-house plant science team to help achieve their objectives.
The ideal person is confident working alone and can take the initiative to get work done. They are detail orientated and always looking for ways to make improvements to the process.
You will be working alongside their masters in plant science and Agritech expert two days a week and their PhD plant science lead one day a week during your time.
What you’ll be doing:
• Planting, monitoring and harvesting plants within the R&D facility
• Capturing key data points throughout the growth cycle of various plant species
• Managing and monitoring the environmental controls of the facility
• Assisting in the development of procedural documentation for the facility
• Maintaining a safe and clean working environment for you and your colleagues
What you’ll need:
• Strong attention to detail
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Experience within horticulture is preferred
• Understanding of scientific methods and protocols is beneficial and experience working in a laboratory setting is a bonus
• Agritech experience is beneficial
• Any work safety certifications are beneficial
If this sounds like you and somewhere you would want to work, then please apply or pass along to someone you think would be a great fit.