With 30 years experience in the industry, our client are a leader in the production of soft fruit and supplies many of the major UK multiples. Over the last 5 years the company has made significant investments expanding, modernising and equipping many of their sites. As part of its ongoing growth strategy and future development plans, the company now seeks to appoint an experienced Farm Tunnel Manager to join its management team.
Reporting to the Head of Growing, the successful candidate will assist in all stages of crop production, harvesting and packing and will ensure that the company achieve maximum operational efficiency while maintaining standards of excellence. The ability to build and nurture relationships at all levels, both within the business and externally with customers is vital to the role.
• To select, personally develop, an a team highly efficient, professional, tidy, proud full time tunnel staff.
• To daily lead the team from the front in a consistently highly energising pace setting manner, hands on; encouraging pride in precision and productivity.
• To lead all tunnel and table top construction and maintenance to a shop window standard.
Ideally you will
- Be an experienced Tunnel manager with minimum 2 years management experience
- Be a dynamic ‘hands-on’ manager with a substantial track record of experience at operational level in a modern commercial soft fruit production
- Manage permanent and seasonal employees on a day to day basis
- Have the confidence and ability to deal with customers and suppliers
- Have strong influencing and communication skills
- Ability to inspire, enthuse & motivate a team to better production levels
- Hard-working self-starter with the ability to develop better solutions to challenges
- Highly professional approach to all aspects of work
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, please give Ian Reed a call at Redfox or apply via. this website.