Farms Manager Required for a Leading Fresh Sector Business
Based West Country – UK
Salary & Package to attract the best
Redfox has been exclusively commissioned by one of the true successes of the fresh sectors in the UK. Our client was established over 25 years ago and has an exceptional record of being one of the most proactive large-scale growers in the UK.
As they gain further positive demands from their customers, they are now investing heavily into specific UK production as a natural evolution of their proven business model. Because of this exciting growth, they now wish to source an accomplished Farms Manager to assist in the running of their UK fresh produce farming operations. As such, they will have responsibility for the long term strategy of the cropping and the opportunity to develop that in in a truly exciting and entrepreneurial way.
Main Element of the Role:
As an experienced Farm Manager, you will take responsibility for the day to day management of the Farming Operation working closely with and reporting to the Head of Farming to oversee groundworks, planting and harvesting operations.
The Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the day to day Farming Operation for the business, with responsibility for the farm operations of the clients cropping from planting through to harvest.
- Management of the farm operations team, drivers and staff.
- Working with the Head of Farming and the collective plan for planting and harvest activities, organise operations and helping to maintain produce quality.
- Manage the farm operations teams & HR tasks including motivation and staff appraisal, disciplinary processes, staff utilisation and planning, staff training and development.
- Work with the Head of Farming to provide accurate forecasting on crop availability and labour demand and availability.
- Manage plant maintenance, plant availability and utilization.
- Proactively drive improvement including through increased efficiency and new approaches such as automation.
- As a senior member of the Farm management team build effective relationships with the wider farm team including the agronomy, land sourcing and farm support functions.
Our client is really keen to see a bold, confident, experienced Farm Manager looking for their next proactive a challenge. They want to see a hands-on control of farm operations, and you will not be afraid to get involved and actively lead from the front. You will deliver the right quality at the right cost giving great product to the businesses large scale customers. You will be experienced in getting the best from people, not afraid of detail and be used to delivering on time to sometimes demanding deadlines.
This is probably one of the most exciting Agricultural roles that we have seen in recent years. If you believe that you can make a real ongoing positive difference to our client as they grow rapidly in the UK, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Either submit your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05639M