Our client is seeking Field Research Scientists on a full-time, permanent basis to be based out of our Boxworth office, near Cambridge.
Working within the ADAS Soils, Crops and Water Business, this predominately field-based role, will focus on the delivery of scientific projects working across a range of scientific cropping disciplines, delivering into a number of field and glasshouse experiments, across both horticultural and arable crop projects. Their clients include Government, and some of the most progressive and successful UK and internationally based businesses, focusing on crop protection and efficient food production.
With over 75 years’ experience ADAS has an amazing track record of providing agricultural, horticultural and environmental consultancy & research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector.
- Deliver field, glasshouse and ploy tunnel-based research for a range of both arable and horticultural crops, working in the disciplines of plant pathology, physiology, entomology, soils and nutrients, and weed science projects
- Develop specialist technical expertise to deliver on-site trial work and implement applied research and knowledge exchange
- Take responsibility for the smooth day to day running of ongoing field-based projects
- Lead implementation of on-site field/glasshouse/polytunnel work and liaise with clients and colleagues to ensure on time delivery
- Handle collection, aggregation, and routine analysis of data
A-Level or higher in a relevant subject discipline and or ability to demonstrate an interest in agriculture and scientific research
A full driving licence to drive manual vehicles in the UK is essential
A progressive attitude with flexibility and willingness to take on a wide range of challenges
Salary and Benefits
£19,950 – £22,000
A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, health cash plan and discounted gym membership