Buying Manager Fresh Produce
Due to a recent significant recruitment drive within a major UK business a career-defining opportunity has emerged to work as a Buying Manager. This is a vital role which will require a significant contribution to successfully deliver their buying plan for your agreed product range. You will seek opportunities to improve leverage and achieve competitive advantage for the business. The successful applicant will be part of the Commercial team reporting to the Trading Manager.
• To identify suppliers who can deliver long term competitive advantage to the business and develop strategic relationships with suppliers.
• To effectively manage and build relations with key stakeholders
• To specify products and negotiate costs that delivers the maximum saving without compromising quality or service to customers.
• To understand and meet customers product needs
• To achieve agreed cost reduction, quality improvement and service enhancement targets
• To identify further products and services that will deliver cost savings when procured centrally.
The Qualities we want to see
• MUST have buying experience within Fresh Produce or Horticulture
• Excellent knowledge of the UK food retail sector
• Strong analytical skills with clear focus on end results
• Excellent communication and strong negotiation skills
• Personal integrity
If you’ve read this advert intently and feel you have the appropriate skill set and mind set to be a success in a role such as this, please don’t delay, get in contact with Redfox immediately!
Location : Various
An excellent and highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to attract the best.