Fresh Produce Commercial Manager/Agent Required
UK or EU Based
Very Attractive Commission Scheme On Offer
As the international supply chain shortens and growers become even more sophisticated and strategically aware, there is a need to simplify the route to market and to the consumer for the benefit of all. Our client is one of the international business leading that new way of thinking and as such they are looking for a unique individual to assist them to achieve their business goals for the UK and EU retail and associated markets.
They are agriculture experts, entrepreneurs, ex-bankers, researchers and industrialists united by a passion to deliver value to farmers, communities, consumers and stockholders alike. Their research-backed approach, helps them to constantly drive themselves to increase productivity, taste and quality while being very mindful of the environment. As part of their mandate, they believe in empowering the larger farming community around them to enable them to rise from poverty to independence. They partner with clusters of local farmers, providing them with training, infrastructure, saplings and supervision. Their growers’ community is ensured of higher quality produce and guaranteed buyers while local environments are enriched by switching to more sustainable practices. To them, the seeds they plant today, will grow deep roots and offer wide shade tomorrow for all associated with them. With a multimillion dollar investment to date, they are very serious and also pragmatic about their goals and the difference that they want to make.
Due to their ongoing company expansion and a desire to work directly with key retailers, foodservice and wholesale customers in the UK and Europe, they are looking for a Commercial Manager/Fresh Produce Agent to work with them on a consultancy/contract basis to grow sales of their unique fresh produce products into the UK and Europe.
The purpose of the role is to build and implement the sales and marketing strategy for the companies European expansion plans and share in the success of it.
And as you would expect, to be applicable for the role we need to see a professional background in commercial sales of fresh produce, with some experience in marketing or trade marketing. Most importantly will be your network of contacts into Europe and the key EU retailers/customers. This is so that you will be able to gain the sales leads that you and our client will want to achieve ongoing.
Key Elements of The Role:
• Strategy development – through market analysis, developing a sales and marketing strategy, identifying the key opportunities and challenges to ensure the successful growth of UK/EU sales.
• Identify key sales target customers and thereafter ensuring successful distribution
• Working closely with the operational team to ensure a strong logistics strategy and excellence in logistics execution.
• Managing the accounts of the different customers, ensuring their needs are met as well as the needs of the company, whether logistical, promotional or financial.
• Partnering with customers to develop trade marketing initiatives to further accelerate rate of sale.
What we want to see:
• Entrepreneurial profile, initiator, strong communicator, assertive, energetic and professional.
• Can work independently and has ability to manage and prioritise different work and skill demands.
• Is tenacious and resilient.
• Ability to work with all MS Office products.
• Excellent retail and associated connections within the UK and Europe.
If you have the ability to create the “success” for our client in Europe in this exciting commercial opportunity on a Commercial Manager/Agent basis, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Please apply via this website or contact Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 5166M