Excellent Salary & Benefits
Hello. Our client was formed over 50 years ago and majors on the propagation of seed crops for key UK fresh produce growers. They deploy the most modern growing systems for growing the best quality product for several of the fresh sectors industries award winning growers.
They are continuously developing and building the business and are constantly looking for further customers in the UK and in their EU who want to share their success. As part of their growth plan they are now ready to source an outstanding General Manager to join their team.
Ideally you will have a number of years’ experience of a similar role in a fresh produce or FMCG sector business with a proven track record of overseeing the various key business functions across the board from finance, operations, technical and business development.
Your role will be predominantly based at their Lincolnshire site with travel in the UK and also visiting customers and suppliers throughout Europe.
Although you will be given as much support as required, we are looking for an individual that can operate autonomously and entrepreneurially to create the require success.
As a senior member of the group management team and as such a leader within the business, you will:
- Encourage & develop ideas to strengthen the overall business
- Encourage a “one team” approach and be ambitious, positive and encouraging on a daily basis.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Total responsibility for the performance of the company at P&L level
- Overseeing the efficient operation of Commercial (Sourcing + Sales), Marketing, HR & Operations functions of the business
- Develop company strategy in conjunction with the board
- Ensure that the company complies with all the necessary HSE & employee standards
What We Want to See:
- General Management experience of a fast-moving fresh produce business or similar fast paced business
- Used to being customer facing
- Proven leadership qualities
- Excellent Communications & People Management skills
What’s on Offer:
Very Competitive Salary + Commission +Benefits plus a great career enhancing role.
To find out more about this highly progressive and career enhancing role with a really interesting and progressive fresh sector business, please apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 for more information quoting Ref: 05002M