General Managers Required
Based West Africa
Great Package & Incentives
Our client has spotted the opportunity to eliminate the shoulders of their supply chain in the UK and the EU by establish and creating a highly successful and professional growing operation in West Africa majoring on rice production. This has given them a uniqueness in their fresh food categories that has secured their relationships with key retailers to give a year-round supply of much sought after fresh food lines such as rice
They are now in a position of looking for a number of General Managers to take further forward the success they have created to date in West Africa.
We are ideally looking for team players who have a good knowledge of rice crop production, who are adaptable, logical and flexible, and who are capable of managing a team as well as being an effective communicator across many levels.
The roles will include the management of:
- Health and safety within the farming operation
- Planning and implementing the Crop Production programmes.
- Ensure the rice cropping are produced safely with the highest Ethical, environmental and Food Safety standards.
- All Farm operations including cultivations, planting, spraying , fertilising and irrigation.
- Management of all Harvest Operations.
- Planning irrigation scheduling and crop agronomy.
- Managing a team of people including machinery operators, supervisors and a Technical Manager.
What we want to see:
- Ideally good knowledge of rice production
- Good understanding of Health and Safety and Food Safety.
- Ideally a formal Agricultural qualification
- A good knowledge of the operation of modern machinery
- Excellent people management skills
- To be practical and able to think for themselves and solve problems/ challenges in a logical way
- Be a good communicator with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ideally although not essential, some understanding of French language
- Be IT literate
- Able to work within a large Management team and be prepared to be flexible in getting involved in the general management of the business
To be part of this growing success in a region of Africa that is expanding rapidly cannot be overlooked.
To find out more, please apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray direct on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting ref: 05163M