Established over 50 years ago, are clients are one of the UK’s largest family-owned suppliers of UK and Internationally sourced fresh fruit, vegetables and salads. They love to state that they “Are experts in fresh” …because they are.
From its humble beginnings in the wholesale sectors, our client has grown into an international organisation, supplying customers in the UK and across Europe. As a growing business they are always looking for new and fresh talent to grow with them as they grow themselves. It is a very impressive business.
They are now looking for an individual to join them as a Graduate Technologist to lead the day-to-day Quality Management Systems within their significant pack house operations.
The Key Elements Will Include:
As well as leading the Quality Management Systems, you will also positively control and drive the quality and environmental standards within the packing operations. And while you manage the performance of the QA Team, you will be on top of the compliance elements to maintain BRC and all other related standards.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain QA systems and procedures and ensure that they are effective.
- Support members of the QA team, monitor their work, deal with their technical queries and ensure they deliver to the required standards.
- Provide guidance to the packhouse in the event of quality issues.
- Assist the Packhouse Managers/Shift Managers in driving training and development throughout the business.
- Participate in the businesses continuous improvement culture.
- Facilitate NPD procedure ensuring that they are available ahead of any product launch or re-launch.
- Monitor quality performance trends, ensuring the wider team are aware of any concerns and plans are in place to address issues.
- Prepare reports/Meeting notes in relation to QMS system – HACCP, Quarterly Quality and project work where necessary.
- Plan and manage customer visits.
- Be responsible for Health and Safety of self, team and their visitors.
What We Want to See From You:
- Ability to manage a team.
- Coaching skills and leadership, situation management coaching training.
- Planning and organisation.
- Working under pressure to tight dead lines.
- Able to analyse understand and solve problems.
- Ability to build networks inside and outside organisation.
- Ability to Collation and analysis of information.
- Computer skills Word, excel, data bases.
- Flexibility to travel overseas and within the UK as required.
Knowledge of and/or some training in:
- Internal auditing.
- HACCP level 3.
- Food hygiene basic and knowledge of BRC accreditation, F2F, Soil Association, SMETA, and Red Tractor.
- Quality Management System development and organisation.
This is a great career-enhancing technical role with a great and ever-expanding business. Join them! To find out more, apply via this website or call the Redfox team on 01284 715055 quoting Ref 05495CM