Group Regulatory Manager
We are working with a major food manufacturing business who due to continued success are now in the market for a Group Regulatory Manager. This is a vital role that will require a significant contribution to help successfully deliver their customer plan. You will support the international technical teams in continuous product improvement and supplier standards across a range of food products. This will include developing technical capability in these teams and appropriate policies. You will monitor and review the international implementation of safety, legal and quality standards to deliver the best possible products. You will have a strong customer focus and be able to operate in a fast paced work environment with a wide range multi-cultural stakeholders. The role will require international travel.
- To effectively manage and build relationships with key stakeholders
- To develop quality, safe, legal and innovative products & policy
- To understand and exceed customers expectations
- To recognise opportunities to achieve cost reductions, quality improvements and service enhancements
- Responsible for all global regulatory aspects, for a portfolio of products from development through to commercial launch.
- Involved in setting up / designing the systems to support regulatory – be a key stakeholder in developing, designing & implementing the process.
- Management and completion of all customer specifications and questionnaires
- Legal and technical support: monitoring of regulatory developments related to specifications, labelling, claims (allergen, nutritional), contaminants etc.
- Liaison with internal and external specialists to ensure quality technical support for regulatory matters related to product development, approval, and operational excellence.
- Develop and implement policy globally on regulatory areas.
- Fostering of trusted partnerships with external regulatory bodies and various stakeholders to understand, interpret and communicate key external developments impacting the current and future regulatory landscape.
- Provide support and guidance to each Quality Manager on key manufacturing sites
- Support all other Group Technical teams as necessary.
Skills and experience…
- Extensive experience in a Regulatory Affairs role, or in a related field.
- Hold a track record of managing external client pressures jointly with internal pressures and deadlines.
- Fully conversant with Global Legislation.
- Commercially aware of the food and consumer products industry.
- Professional in their dealings with clients to provide information confirming compliance issues.
- Possess excellent spoken and written communication skills and able to communicate efficiently and effectively to the team and a wider audience.
- Can plan and prioritise own work and other people’s when necessary, demonstrating excellent time management skills.
- Degree or equivalent Food/Science Qualification.
- Highly motivated and proactive.
- Solid collaborative, consultative, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to work to tight deadlines.
The Qualities we want to see…
- You will be of graduate calibre
- Superb communication skills
- You will have technical excellence within food manufacturing, food safety or retail
- You will be well-respected within the industry
- Excellent attention to detail with clear focus on end results
- You will be able to demonstrate people management skills
- Personal integrity
This is a home-based role with a competitive package. For a confidential chat, please call Ian Reed at Redfox or apply via this website.