With 30 years experience in the industry, our client is market leaders in the production of glasshouse salad crops and supplies all the major UK multiples. As part of its ongoing growth strategy and future development plans, the company now seeks to appoint an experienced Grower / Manager to join its management team at one of their leading modern growing facilities in Yorkshire.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will assist in all stages of crop production, harvesting and packing and will ensure that the company achieve maximum operational efficiency while maintaining standards of excellence. The ability to build and nurture relationships at all levels, both within the business and externally with customers is vital to the role.
Ideally the Grower Manager will:
- Be an experienced grower / manager with 5 years management experience
- Have a recognised qualification in horticulture with a background in protected crops
- Be a dynamic ‘hands-on’ grower / manager with a substantial track record of experience at operational level in a modern commercial glasshouse unit
- Have a number of years experience of food producing crops
- Manage permanent and seasonal employees on a day to day basis
- Have the confidence and ability to deal with customers and suppliers
- Have strong commercial and financial awareness
- Have strong influencing and communication skills
- Have knowledge of supplying the multiples and other customers
- Have a working knowledge of HACCP, BRC and Global Gap
- Be computer literate with knowledge of computer control systems
- Ability to inspire, enthuse & motivate a team to better production levels
- Foster and develop that talent pool within the business
- Hard-working self-starter with the ability to develop better solutions to challenges
- Highly professional approach to all aspects of work
The remuneration package includes an excellent starting salary together with an incentive package and is negotiable depending on the calibre and experience of the successful candidate.