Our client is a vertical farming company, with the aim of feeding the world, and is taking a revolutionary approach to growing short, leafy, green plants. Our client are looking for production operatives to facilitate the running of automated vertical farming machinery, including harvesting, sowing and automated retrieval from growing locations. The role will involve monitoring growing conditions within the farming environment, performing routine hygiene tasks, out loading of finished product, and quality control.
Roles and responsibilities
- Monitoring of growing conditions within the vertical farm to ensure a constant growing environment is maintained.
- Running an automated storage and retrieval system for moving product around the farm.
- Monitoring the automated harvesting and sowing operations.
- Manual weighing and bulk packing of product ready for dispatch.
- Routine daily hygiene tasks, including but not limited to sweeping, clean down of process line and cleaning of process areas and goods in/out areas.
- Addition of nutrient solutions and salts to irrigation and RO systems, along with regular checking of these systems.
- Completion of auditing and checklist for quality purposes to ensure conformance.
- Use of a forklift truck for offloading goods in and loading goods out, as well as moving of equipment and stock within the farm.
- Ability to operate and control equipment in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Good time management with the ability to work to a planned production schedule.
- Good attention to detail, with good organisation skills
- Flexible and open to a change in a growing production environment.
- Ability to perform basic manual handling tasks and ability to work on foot for extended time periods in a busy production area.
- Ability to perform basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device.
If this sounds of interest to you and you feel you have the requisite skills and experience, don’t delay apply today!