Growing Assistants Required
Hugely Innovate Vertical Farming Business Going Through Rapid Growth
Redfox are working with arguably one of the most ambitious Vertical Farms in the World. Their vision and drive has resulted in a production unit second-to-none and is soon to be producing exceptional crops for a range of their B2B customers. Our client rightly believes that indoor farming will be the future of farming because of the substantial environmental benefits that it brings (95% less water, reduced land footprint, reduced ‘food miles’). With their projected growth they are planning to expand very rapidly both within the UK and overseas and their vision is to be the leading indoor farming company in the world.
Due to this impressive commercial ambition they are now actively coming to the market place via Redfox to look for key individuals to join their truly unique business and enhance their careers in this highly important and innovative food sector.
They are very keen to source a select number of Growing Assistants to join their business and be part of their growth.
What’s in the Role?
The Growing Assistants will be responsible in partnering the Growing Manager in the day to day running of their initial Vertical Farming operation.
Bit More Detail?
It’s all about the detail with Vertical Farming as you will be aware. So you will be responsible for:
- Collection and entry of data into the companies database and internet systems
- Being able to identify and deal with crop issues as you identify them
- Maintaining all of the high tech harvesting and facility equipment associated with the Vertical Farm operation
- Ability to supervise and train permanent employees and agency staff
- Be responsible ongoing for sampling, testing reporting, calibrating,
- Be on top of all H&S and Food Safety elements for your cropping
What We Want To See From You…
We are looking for Growing Assistants who ideally have the following type of work experiences to date:
- MUST HAVE – Horticultural experience, ideally within hydroponics
- Ability to identify and report issues quickly
- Great team working but also fully capable of working independently as required
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work at heights – goes without saying for Vertical Farming!
- Great IT ability with software packages such as Office and especially Excel
- Good influencing skills
- Thorough and accurate in your work
- Food process and production experience would be very advantageous
- High standard of health environment experience would be great
What’s the Career Development Like?
This hugely innovative business is planning to expand very fast. There are already plans under discussion about Farms 2, 3 and 4. They need to source key individuals like you that can create success with each unit, build up the team and then move onto the next unit to create the ongoing success. Full training and development would be provided to help you achieve yours and the company goals.
To find out more about this unique opportunity, please send us your details via this website in the first instance or call Ian Reed for more information on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 5080IR