Growing Manager required for start-up Vertical Farming operation
We are working exclusively with an ambitious new Vertical Farming startup.
Managing a brand new site and with full responsibility for overall production – this role isn’t for the faint hearted!
Leading day-to-day activities in the pilot vertical farming system, developing plant recipes and internal processes, investigating new ways of improving productivity and maximising crop production.
- Potting, sowing, harvesting and packing of fresh produce
- Continuous monitoring, pest management and accurate record keeping
- Mixing irrigation solutions and monitoring growing all parameters
- Maintain the health of plants and facility through regular cleaning & sterilising
- General maintenance of all equipment
- Writing standard operating procedures and work instructions.
After the produce is ready you will be involved in the delivery to local customers.
- Oversee the testing and development of different crop recipes across all trials
- Devise a testing schedule and plans to allow us to identify key variables affecting growth
- Covers both practical and academic elements, ensuring externally testing sites are setup correctly, reflecting the parameters outlined in the schedule and ensuring the data we collect is accurate.
During busy periods you may be asked to assist in other areas of the business including the brewery which may include brewing setup, cleaning, packaging etc as well as supporting events outside of core hours.
Compiling and maintaining budgets, including forward crop planning and technical audit management will need to come naturally to the successful individual. The ability to effectively communicate at all levels is clearly essential.
- Ideally educated to graduate level/have completed an apprenticeship in a related business area.
- Useful subjects include sciences, horticulture, health and food technologies.
- Any additional qualifications that demonstrate impeccable hygiene, health and safety knowledge and practical skills are advantageous.
- Interest in the brewing process
If you have read this advert intently and you feel you have the relevant experience behind you, do not delay, call Ian at Redfox today.