Soft Fruit Grower
With 30 years experience in the industry, our client are a leader in the production of soft fruit and supplies many of the major UK multiples. As part of their ongoing growth strategy and future development plans, the company now seeks to appoint an experienced Grower Manager to join its management team.
Reporting to the Managing Director the successful candidate will assist in all stages of crop production, harvesting and packing and will ensure that the company achieve maximum operational efficiency while maintaining standards of excellence. The ability to build and nurture relationships at all levels, both within the business and externally with customers is vital to the role.
Ideally the Grower Manager will:
- Be an experienced grower / manager with 5 years management experience
- Have a recognised qualification in horticulture with a background in soft fruit
- Be a dynamic ‘hands-on’ grower / manager with a substantial track record of experience at operational level in a modern commercial glasshouse unit
- Have the confidence and ability to deal with customers and suppliers
- Have strong influencing and communication skills
- Have knowledge of supplying the multiples and other customers
- Have a working knowledge of retailer GAP standards
- Be computer literate with knowledge of computer control systems
- Ability to inspire, enthuse & motivate a team to better production levels
- Hard-working self-starter with the ability to develop better solutions to challenges
The remuneration package includes an excellent starting salary depending on the calibre and experience of the successful candidate.
Don’t delay, get your application in via. this website ASAP quoting reference 05257IR