Harvest Manager/Assistant Farm Manager
The Company: Soft fruit farm based in Somerset specialising in the production of strawberries
The Industry: Farming, Harvesting, Management, Fresh Produce, Soft Fruit, Fruit Crops.
Purpose of the Job: To overlook the process of field and plant preparation, including the provision of appropriate farm services on a planned process throughout the year; to deliver products in the best-possible quality and yield.
- Ensuring picking quality and quantity reach targets set per hour per picker.
- Training, coaching and mentoring people/supervisors to reach the desired level of pick rate.
- Plan daily operations meeting with supervisors to plan people ,yields, fields, and hours of work for the following day.
- Ensure customer orders fulfilled by planning picking with packhouse sales requirements.
- Ensure New Pickers following relevant safe systems of work and safe operation procedures.
- Management of the Harvest Team Leaders.
- Management of a range of soft and stone fruit crops.
- Coordination of the field harvesting operations of the business, ensuring the highest possible yields are obtained whilst at the same time ensuring that customer specific quality requirements are met.
- Ensure that all subordinates have been inducted and have had the appropriate level of training and support.
- Support your teams in a hands-on capacity to the extent that your training permits.
- To constantly seek ways to improve the business.
- To carry out any other tasks that may vary from time to time be requested of you by Farm Management. To assist other departments of the business (e.g., husbandry, tunnels, irrigation, camp, engineering).
Ideal Person Skills and Qualifications:
- Fresh produce/fruit experience essential.
- Harvesting background.
- Food production, husbandry or general farm manager experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- A positive can-do attitude.