Our client is a Dutch-owned agriculture & food technology enterprise, that designs, build and operates smart farms. They utilise AI, robotics, renewable energy and water management systems together with high precision farming technology and climate neutral smart farming process to grow pesticide free, high quality fruit and vegetables 365 days per year.
An industry-leading new development will be the largest and most significant Vertical Farm for soft fruit in the UK. This brand new site will require a number of key management hires.
We are on the search for an Assistant Grower with Soft Fruit and ideally glasshouse experience.
Key elements of the role include:
● Supporting the Head Grower on plant crop health
● Ensure growing system is maintained daily and to report instantly any faults
● Maintaining and monitoring water management system
● Maintaining and monitoring HVAC system
● Support picking schedules to meet retailer bookings
● Manage the Quality Check process during the picking and packing process.
● Minimum of 3 years work experience
● Essential – Agricultural / Horticulture experience
● Knowledge of hydroponic systems and operating packing line equipment/machinery
● Literate and numerate, of graduate calibre (ideally in Horticulture)
● Personable and able to work with a range of personalities
● Computer literate
For a confidential chat about this role, please give Ian Reed at Redfox a call ASAP or apply via. this website.