Our client is an innovative agricultural data connectivity & insights business, with offices in the UK and New Zealand. Whether it be measuring the greenhouse gas emissions across 6 supply chains for a big-4 supermarket or calculating insights around animal health & welfare for a major milk processor, they work at the heart of the food industry, supporting customers in building resilient, sustainable supply chains.
We are looking to recruit a new Head of Analytics to help lead its new product development, particularly around environmental sustainability. Working with domain experts to design and implement cutting edge data models, you will ensure customers can access high resolution insights to help inform their future priorities. The successful candidate will oversee a team of Data Scientists and report to the Head of Product.
The day-to-day activities for this role will include:
- Developing industry leading data models using highly granular datasets gathered from third party data sources.
- Continually improving data models, working with the consultancy team to ensure the latest industry science is applied.
- Implementing data visualisations to enable customers to view insights in an interactive and engaging manner.
- Working with the Customer Success Team to help design and implement new solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Manage a team of Data Scientists, who will be responsible for overseeing a range of day-to-day data modelling activities for customers.
- Presenting data insights to customers to help engage them on the findings, providing commentary where required.
- Work with the Head of Product to design and implement a product roadmap, to continually develop existing models and add new features to meet customer needs.
To be successful in this role, the following skills will be required:
- Extensive experience working in an analyst role with large datasets.
- Competent with a range of statistical & data analysis techniques.
- Experience programming in SQL, Python or R as well as MS Excel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI or a similar data visualisation tool.
- Dynamic and comfortable working across a range of projects at the same time.
- Excellent communication skills, confident with external customer communication.
- Experience working with geospatial data is desirable, however training will be provided.
- Experience managing a team is highly desirable, but not essential.
- An understanding of environmental sustainability and agriculture is highly desirable but not essential.
Ideally the successful candidate would be based out of our clients Penrith or Frome offices, however the role is open to candidates further afield in the UK who would be happy to work remotely.