Our client is one of UK’s largest growers & packers of field-grown vegetables supplying many of the top UK food retailers. They are now seeking an experienced Head of Compliance to join their highly motivated team and to continue to deliver exceptional quality & safe products to their customers.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for monitoring and improving the quality & technical standards. You will also be responsible for Technical standards to ensure they remain robust, effective and industry leading.
You will need to have an excellent technical understanding of the fresh produce quality requirements expected by the UK retailers. Ideally you should have at least 5 years experience of working in a similar technical role. You will need to have worked within the production function understanding the pressures on labour and quality as well as utilising your knowledge of TFS, TMPS, BRC, HACCP and organic standards. Excellent interpersonal skills are vital in order for you to develop and assure a great working relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
The candidate will coordinate, manage and deliver the Group Auditing schedule, to ensure the delivery of internal supplier audits, working to various UK retailer standards
- A member of the Senior Management team reporting to the Directors ensuring site and end-to-end supply chain product safety, quality and legal compliance of all products produced by the business.
- Continuous review and management of QMS and technical standards, in line with industry and customer requirements, policies, and codes of practice. Including but not limited to: Tesco Food Standard (TFS), Tesco Minimum Produce Standard (TMPS), McDonalds SQMS, EWE, GMP and SWA, M&S Select Farm Standard, Good Agricultural Practice Standards (e.g., Red Tractor, LEAF) and Organic Certification Standards.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels, in all areas of the business and suppliers to implement best practice standards that remain robust, effective and industry leading.
- Ensure site HACCP studies and plans are effective and lead/support the HACCP teams/team leaders where required.
- Manage the internal audit program and site QMS against the required customer and industry quality, safety and legal standards, including but not limited to; BRC, TFS, TMPS, McDonalds, Organic Certification, Red Tractor, and manage and host third-party audits as required.
- Ensure that TM’s and overseas suppliers are aware of the latest customer standards and can execute a clear and consistent approach for compliance and auditing. Conducting supplier sites visits and in communication with customers.
- Review and conduct gap analysis of industry standards, prospective, new customer and or existing customer standards and terms of trade. Where relevant, develop a plan to ensure the business and supplier sites demonstrate full compliance to any incremental requirements.
- Conduct supplier visits and audits ensuring supplier are compliant to the required standards.
- Ensure that all PAS primary sites have adequate support, by completing customer audits based on defined customer risk assessment criteria. Support with audit arrangements, assisting where required on site, and ensure corrective action plans are closed out with suppliers on the relevant customer portals.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please get your application in without delay via. this website.