Our client is a Dutch-owned agriculture & food technology enterprise, that designs, build and operates smart farms. They utilise AI, robotics, renewable energy and water management systems together with high precision farming technology and climate neutral smart farming process to grow pesticide free, high quality fruit and vegetables 365 days per year.
An industry-leading new development will be the largest and most significant Vertical Farm for soft fruit in the UK. This brand new site will require a number of key management hires.
We are on the search for a Head Grower with Soft Fruit and glasshouse experience.
Key elements of the role include:
- Ensure plant crop health is optimized through maintaining growing protocols
- Ensure growing system is maintained daily and to report instantly any faults
- Ensure all employees are maintaining Health & Safety protocols during their operation.
- Maintaining and monitoring water management system
- Maintaining and monitoring HVAC system
Picking and Packing
- Managing picking schedules to meet retailer bookings
- Ensure all employees are trained and have deep knowledge of best practices
- Responsible for the training of employees in how to operate picking and packing machinery
- Troubleshooting site issues as they arise (including production/operational flows)
- Manage growing, picking and packing teams to meet product output, quality and quantity.
- To work closely with the Compliance Manager on completion of daily documentation to meet all standards.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience
- Essential – Agricultural / Horticulture experience
- Knowledge of and experience of hydroponic systems and operating packing line equipment/machinery
- Literate and numerate, ideally having MSc in horticulture
- Personable and able to work with a range of personalities
- Computer literate
For a confidential chat about this role, please give Ian Reed at Redfox a call ASAP or apply via. this website.