Head of Planning required for a leading Fresh Sector business
Based: South East England
Senior Level Executive Package + Benefits
Our client, is a leading vertically integrated fresh produce business specialising in the farming, sourcing, packing, distribution and marketing of a range of high growth fresh produce. With a history of over 50 years in agriculture, the business is a UK centric company with additional operations in mainland Europe.
The business is based on the strong values and long-term partnerships that they share and build with all of their stakeholders be it their employees, shareholders, grower partners, communities and their customers. Driven by the pioneering spirit embedded in their DNA, they continually seek ways to exceed their stakeholder’s expectations. Long-term sustainability is not only their legacy; it is the essence of who they are.
Due to ongoing growth they are now looking to source a Head of Planning.
- Create and develop an effective Planning organisation and team
- Provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing planning and allocation and changing the business towards a demand driven business
- Lead and manage the Planning team
- Build business relations to stakeholders, customers, growers and internal departments within the company
- Work closely with allocation functions to ensure plans are executed operationally
- Lead & manage common planning governance meetings in order to optimise planning to increase customer service and sell the produce that growers grow
- Establish and refine Planning processes (incl. KPI’s) supported by the latest technology platforms
- Lead the overall Planning processes (from multi-year to daily planning process), driving sign-off meetings and build solid analysis-based recommendations with sales team (scenarios) and align planning principles to secure a smooth process flow
- Bring best practice from similar organisations into planning and allocation processes
- Establish timely performance measures (KPI’s) and ensure corrective actions based on these
- Work with IT to develop planning and forecasting tools to support the process for grower and customer supply and demand planning
- Lead and manage planning across the business reporting to CEO
- Secure aligned planning and allocation principles, establishing a process for updating these to reflect grower and market situations
- Establish and continuously develop planning and allocation systems supported by IT
- Develop planning competences and skills within Planning team
- Monitor the performance and transparency of the planning processes and perform benchmarks (best practice)
- Advise and support Board, CEO and management on planning trends and issues
- Establish Planning departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organisation of Planning team
- Ideally you will be degree qualified, have experience in food/FMCG (or similar sectors) and have a proven track record in planning.
- Ability to think strategically, but have a hands-on pragmatic approach to implementation.
- Ability to interact at Board level and participate in strategic decision-making.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail with an ability to prioritise and work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- An enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Skills to develop and negotiate contracts.
- An entrepreneurially-minded self-starter consistently looking for new ways to grow and strengthen the company outside of the traditional boundaries of the Head of Planning role.
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
- Willingness to travel.
- Advanced practical knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) is essential.
To explore this career enhancing opportunity with one of the UK’s most innovative and forward thinking fresh produce businesses, please submit your resume via this website.
To discuss further, please call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 for a confidential discussion quoting reference 05066MM