HEAD OF SALES & MARKETING – FOR A DOUBLE DIGIT GROWTH FRESH SECTOR BUSINESS
BASED HOME COUNTIES
EXCELLENT SENIOR LEVEL PACKAGE & BENEFITS TO ATTRACT THE BEST
As one of the most sought-after businesses to work for in the Fresh and FMCG sectors, our client has made a strategic decision to strengthen their senior management team to meet the increasing positive requirements from their retail and foodservice customers. As such they are looking to now appoint a HEAD OF SALES & MARKETING to plan and map and implement their strategic and marketing growth ongoing.
In this pivotal role you will have ultimate control of the businesses commercial, marketing and strategic direction with its key customers. So interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute must.
Main responsibilities of the role will include:
- To manage all of their highly valued retail/foodservice customer accounts at a senior level and to further develop and gain more profitable business from them all
- Lead the UK and EU implementation of the Group’s combined marketing strategy
- To create and deliver programme objectives to support the implementation and delivery of improved business performance, processes and ways of working with key retailers
- Agree business targets and translate these into prioritised customer and delivery plans again with the key retailers
- Determine, monitor and review programme costs, resource levels, staffing costs and program risk to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery
- Leadership of the complete commercial and marketing team in the UK to ensure delivery of initiatives on time and in line with your targets and your objectives
- Align programme objectives with business objectives and authorise the selection, prioritisation and planning of all related project activities, to create an integrated programme and reporting process across the retail accounts
- Create and lead the joint ways of working within the team, driving alignment, consistency and unity in how the team operates and behaves to create a culture ongoing of winning!
- Manage profitability and all financial KPI’s effectively
- Create commercial and marketing success ongoing
What will make you the ideal Individual for the role…
The role would suit a degree qualified senor level Commercial and Marketing expert who is people oriented and an excellent commercial leader. You will thrive on working as part of a team, managing multiple stakeholders and working in a pressured environment of continuous improvement.
Ideally, we need you to have previous senior level FMCG/Fresh Food experience of working with top Retailers/ top foodservice business. We need you to have demonstrable experience of developing influential commercial relationships with customers and suppliers alike as well as excellence in brand positioning and creative commercial and marketing development. And it goes without saying that you will be PC literate with fantastic communication, numerical and influencing skills.
- This business is unique, so you will be unique as well
- You will be outgoing, with the ability to get on and influence retailers, growers and everyone in between.
- Be able to lead the Groups UK and EU implementation for its commercial and marketing/brand strategy
- Be able to navigate the businesses retail systems effectively
- Possess very strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Appreciate what has been achieved to date by our client and create the next positive step change for the business
This is a very exciting role and a business to be aligned to for two defined reasons. Firstly because of the attributes of them as a company combined with their growth to date and secondly because of the commercial and marketing freedom they are looking to offer the right individual to create commercial success in this hugely exciting role.
To find out more, please send us your details via this website in the first instance or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 5186M