Head of Technical – Leading Vertical Farm
Excellent Package and Benefits
Our client is one of the UK’s leading Vertical Farms. They are committed to sustainable and profitable growth through their innovation, production expertise, financial strength and sustainable energy source.
Due to their continued growth and development, they now require a dynamic, focused self-starter to act as their Head of Technical on a multi-site basis. The position will be responsible for establishing and maintaining world-class technical standards at our clients various locations and throughout its supply base encompassing food safety, quality assurance, sustainability, social compliance and efficiency in operation.
You will possess a passion for technical excellence and the ability to drive a unified, quality centric culture across the manufacturing site teams with a particular focus on embedding food safety and quality culture as a foundational component in all manufacturing processes and behaviours.
The Head of Technical will work collaboratively in the development, continuous improvement & implementation of corporate Quality Management Systems. You will provide direct leadership and supervision of each location’s technical team and establish strong cross functional working relationships with each manufacturing site’s leadership team to ensure safe, quality product is a shared priority and foundational principle of the organisation. As such you will foster strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including key customers, public authorities and regulators and will represent the business on relevant industry forums.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Developing a technical strategy for our client that delivers sector leading standards in food safety, quality management, sustainability and ethical sourcing.
- Defining, deploying, leading and managing a high performing technical team of sufficient capacity and calibre to deliver the technical strategy across all manufacturing sites.
- Operating an effective Quality Management System including all relevant accreditations and supplier standards to deliver the technical standards on a day to day basis in all manufacturing sites.
- Implementing monitoring programmes with clear key performance indicators to ensure manufacturing sites consistently meet the needs and requirements of our customers, stakeholders, and regulatory agencies (audit ready, everyday).
- Developing effective governance processes and associated reporting to ensure the Board are fully appraised of technical risk, performance and compliance.
- Provide leadership and operational support to site teams in the development and delivery of their technical operations and in delivering change.
- Develop an effective crisis management procedure, ensuring it is up to date and ready to deploy at all times.
- Assist in the development and delivery of efficient manufacturing and support capital project planning and execution.
- Foster strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including key customers, public authorities and regulators and represent the business on relevant industry forums.
- Collaborate with internal functions including Operations, Maintenance/Engineering, Research & Development, Environmental Health and Safety, Operational Excellence, Regulatory,
- Commercialization to deliver products to the market that meet Fischer Farms standards.
- Utilize Six Sigma, Lean, and/or other continuous improvement concepts to improve quality, efficiency, and waste.
- Stay current with all regulatory and certifying agency guidelines. Manage regulatory issues across our clients network.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience in the food industry managing large technical functions supplying major retail customers.
- A seasoned in depth knowledge of Quality Systems, Food Safety, Quality Assurance, Sustainability, Social compliance and associated Regulations (HACCP/HARPC, GFSI, SSOPs, cGMPs, EMPs, Food Defense, etc.).
- An inspirational leader with high energy levels and results orientation.
- Demonstrable experience of managing, coaching and developing high performance teams.
- A catalyst for continuous improvement and change, able to challenge conventional ways in a constructive manner
- Excellent skills in communication, analytical and problem solving with an ability to work to deadlines, with multiple priorities and cross-functionally within the organization.
- Ability to operate both strategically and operationally, able to diagnose, devise and implement plans to perform effectively in a commercial and technical environment.
- Experience in high volume, automated food manufacturing with knowledge of the fresh produce industry and ERP systems desirable.
THE USP’S OF THIS ROLE:
Our client offers an attractive role, a real challenge in a company with strong values and a vision to make the world a better place. Decision lines are short, you will be able to have quick impact, with the freedom of introducing changes and improvements, guided by the strategic direction.
You will have the opportunity to participate to the positive development of the image and growth of our market leading client.
It goes without saying that this is a fantastic long-term opportunity to join a company who are entering a hugely exciting period and are continually looking to support and strengthen their Executive team.
An excellent remuneration package commensurate with the seniority of this role awaits the successful candidate. To find out more, apply via this website or contact Ian Reed on 01284 715055 quoting ref: 05620IR