Due to a recent significant recruitment drive in a rapidly developing business, a career-defining opportunity has emerged to work as Head of Technical for this leading meal-solution innovator. This is a vital role which will require a significant contribution to help successfully deliver their customer plan. You will support the business to deliver quality, safe, legal and ethically sourced products ensuring suppliers meet company policy requirements.
Managing a team, coaching and developing will come naturally to you.
- To identify suppliers who can deliver long term competitive advantage
- To develop strategic relationships with suppliers
- To effectively manage and build relations with key stakeholders
- To develop team capability
- To develop quality, safe, legal and innovative products
- To understand and exceed customers expectations
- To achieve cost reductions, quality improvements and service enhancements
You will have broad food technology knowledge across multiple categories including fresh produce at some stage in your career, as well as high risk/processed foods, ideally gained in retail.
You will have industry established relationships that will allow you to make an impact in improving quality and standards across the supply base and at various packing operations.
You will be well abreast of, and be used to assessing the impact of, any new or changing legislation and you will have a pragmatic approach to resolving issues that these might introduce. You will welcome challenges and apply experience and specialist knowledge to find simple solutions in a timely manner and use influence and negotiation skills to agree the resolution.
WHY OUR CLIENT?
- They are a rapidly growing profitable B-Corp.
- They have donated 7 million meals to school children living in poverty.
- They’ve built one of the most admired startups in the UK and won a whole bunch of awards.
- Every team member is a shareholder – you will be too
- They have the backing of the largest food and beverage company in the world.
- They have unrivalled benefits including 38 days holiday, flexible working, 6 months maternity pay, free food in the office, sponsored sabbaticals, and a structured professional development program.
- They also take your wellbeing seriously with free Vitality health insurance, a gym in the office and lots of mental health first aiders.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation that are entering a hugely exciting period and are continually looking to support, strengthen and grow their team.
To discuss this opportunity in complete confidence, please contact Ian Reed on +44 (0)1284 715055 or apply via. this website quoting ref: 05202IR