Welcome to ATB – a diverse agribusiness based in Hertfordshire, and a leading provider of services for the agricultural, construction, sports amenities, and biomass sectors. Established in 1957 as a humble family-run farm, they have branched out to become the multidisciplinary successful company that they are today. Their evolution has been fuelled by a forward-thinking approach, always embracing the latest technologies and resources to bring their clients a comprehensive service that adds value to their business. They bring their range of services to the local area of Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire.
Agriculture lies at the heart of ATB’s heritage. From a small stock farm in Hunsdon, they are now custodians of significant hectarage through several close partnerships which they have nurtured throughout the years. They treat every hectare and every tonne as their own and strive to be at the forefront of British Agriculture by taking a sustainable approach and adopting new techniques and technologies.
A hugely exciting opportunity has arisen for an astute, environmentally, practical and commercially focused Farm Manager to join them and take on the day to day running of over 2,700 hectares of arable cropping. The role will also include managing their biomass, straw and composting business units.
They seek an individual with excellent people skills and a professional Farm Management background who is now looking for their next positive career challenge.
Key Aims of the Role:
As well as achieving agreed financial, production and environmental targets for their farming elements, they are also looking for you to further accelerate their practices around sustainable agricultural. In addition, they are keen for you to further expand their farming operations as well as their biomass, straw and composting offering.
- Crop Production – responsibility for all aspects of crop production and all that encompasses.
- Budgeting & Planning – preparation of annual budgets and ongoing farm planning.
- Procedures & Control – to ensure all process and systems are fit for purpose and modernised as required to include all machinery/plant elements.
- Reporting – preparation and submission of quarterly farm reports highlighting all aspects of the farming operation and potential marketing and business development opportunities.
- Personnel & Health & Safety – full organisation, recruitment, and motivation of the farming teams ongoing. To ensure that a culture of the highest degree of H&S is implemented across the business.
- Environment – to establish ATB as an environmental leader in terms of a commercial combinable cropping operation.
- Managing the biomass, straw and composting business units for ATB
What we Want to Ideally See from You:
- You will be a “people person” and an ambassador for the business especially on an environmental aspect.
- Currently you will be an experienced Farm Manager ready to take the next step in your career.
- Ideally degree calibre with BASIS and FACTS qualifications.
- A good working knowledge of modern machinery
- Excellent people management skills.
- To be practical and able to think for themselves and solve problems/ challenges in a logical way.
- Be a great communicator with the ability to communicate at all levels.
This role cannot be underestimated. For the right individual who wishes to make an ongoing difference on a commercial and environmental basis, the position is truly unique. What will be key, will be having the right “chemistry”, the right professional ability, and the enthusiasm to match that of the business partners to make an ongoing difference to the ATB business.
To find our more, apply via this website or contact Max MacGillivray at Redfox on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05477M
Please note that ATB is working with Redfox Executive Selection on an exclusive retained basis. As such any 3rd party CV’s will be directly forwarded to Redfox.