High Calibre Farm Manager Required for a Unique Farming Business
Based in East Suffolk
Excellent Package + Accommodation if Required
Dennington Hall Farms is a family-based operation specialising in combinable crops whilst maintaining full sensitivity to their landscape and wildlife.
A hugely exciting opportunity has arisen for an astute, environmental, and commercial margin-focused Farm Manager to join them.
Key Aim of the Role:
This will be to achieve agreed financial, production and environmental targets for the Dennington Hall Farming business land ongoing.
Main Elements of the Role:
- Crop Production – responsibility for all aspects of crop production and all that encompasses.
- Budgeting & Planning – preparation of annual budgets and ongoing farm planning.
- Procedures & Control – to ensure all processes and systems are fit for purpose and modernised as required to include all machinery/plant elements.
- Reporting – preparation and submission of quarterly farm reports highlighting all aspects of the farming operation and potential marketing and business development opportunities.
- Personnel & Health & Safety – full organisation, recruitment, and motivation of the farming teams ongoing. To ensure that a culture of the highest degree of H&S is implemented across the business.
- Environment – to establish Dennington Hall Farms as an environmental leader in terms of a commercial combinable cropping operation.
What we Want to Ideally See from You:
- You will be a “people person” and an ambassador for the Farm, especially on an environmental aspect.
- Currently, you will be an experienced Farm Manager or an Assistant Farm Manager ready to take the next step in your career.
- Ideally degree calibre with BASIS and FACTS qualifications.
- Good working knowledge of modern machinery.
- Excellent people management skills.
- To be practical and able to think for themselves and solve problems/ challenges in a logical way.
- Be a great communicator with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- A desire to shape the farm around carbon neutrality whilst increasing sustainability and the adoption of more regenerative farming practices.
This role cannot be underestimated. For the right individual who wishes to make an ongoing difference on a commercial and environmental basis, the position is truly unique. What will be key, will be having the right “chemistry”, the right professional ability, and the enthusiasm to match that of the business partners to make an ongoing difference to Dennington Hall Farms.
To explore this hugely career-enhancing opportunity, please submit your CV via this website or call Max MacGillivray quoting Redfox Ref: 05365M or call on 01284 715055 for a confidential discussion.
Please note that Dennington Hall Farms is working with Redfox Executive Selection on an exclusive retained basis. As such any 3rd party CV’s will be directly forwarded to Redfox.