Our client is an independently-owned British family business, based in Herefordshire. They use innovative growing techniques to continuously produce soft fruit of exceptional quality. What sets them apart from their competitors is that they control their supply chain from plant to punnet in-store.
They are looking for an HR Assistant to be based in KENT who will assist the HR team in the day-to-day HR activities related to employees, and conduct HR & Recruitment projects as required. They will also have full responsibility for agricultural workers’ discipline and grievance procedures.
Key Areas of the Role:
- Productivity & Attendance Monitoring: To monitor the productivity levels of agricultural workers. To monitor disciplinary warnings on daily basis and to decide to allocate workers for disciplinary hearings. Conduct periodic worker forums as required, investigating findings where necessary.
- Disciplinary & Grievance: Conduct Agricultural Worker Disciplinary and Grievance hearings in line with Company Policy and Procedure. Utilise interpreters as appropriate and update database accordingly.
- Leavers Process: Complete exit interviews with agricultural workers and Permanent employees as appropriate. To ensure all leavers correspondence is issued.
- HR Support: To provide an effective HR service to Line Managers and support the HR team and other managers within the HR function where required.
- Induction: To be responsible for the HR Induction process of new permanent starters. To create Inductions for Permanent employees as required.
- Specific Projects: To assist the team with HR & Recruitment projects, liaising with internal departments and external authorities and organisations.
- HR Documentation: To maintain and keep up to date employees’ personal files and HR records and prepare HR documentation as required for all employees to include end of year archiving.
- Administration: To maintain and keep up to date employee personal files and HR records.
- Training: Where appropriate source and organise employees’ training and development ensuring good value for money.
- Recruitment: Prepare employment documentation when required, including letters of offer/appointment, job descriptions and adverts for the group. Preparing a shortlist of applicants and carrying out interviews for the Group HR & Recruitment Manager for positions relating to the Kent Site.
- Corporate Website: Maintain and update the company website content in relation to all permanent vacancies.
- Legal Compliance: To assist with all Kent site audits that relate to the HR & Welfare function.
Key Skills Required:
- Confidentiality – when dealing with sensitive personnel issues and ability to balance the HR needs of the company and the workers in such a way that both contribute to achieving company objectives.
- Team Working – able to build and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels. Appreciates own role and how that contributes to the overall team effort.
- Communication & Influencing – selects appropriate communication method based on the needs and sophistication of the target audience and the complexity of the information being imparted. Sees communication as a means to an end to influence behaviour and decisions.
- Data Analysis & Interpretation – accurate with figures and inputting of information. Pays attention to detail, interprets complex information, spots trends and disseminates into meaningful formats to aid effective management decision making.
- Qualifications – At least one year HR experience or CIPD qualified.
- Driving Licence
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm
This is a great role with a great business. To find out more, click the APPLY NOW button above or via email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref: 05515CM