Interim IT Development Manager
Excellent Contract Salary Rate Available (£44,000- £48,000 for initial 6 month contract)
Our client is AMAZING! As a business they passionately believe in ‘Adding Value at Source’. This means they aim to make the finished product in the country or region where the fruit is grown. By doing this they return more value to the communities that produce their fruit, and as such can deliver products that are Fresh from Harvest. They work closely with their growers to achieve the highest standards in quality, ethical trade and environmental care and adhere to leading international standards including Fairtrade, Organic, and LEAF (Linking Environment and Farming). Uniquely they have developed their category range to now include branded ice cream, lollies (all dairy free) and have other fantastic new product development coming online to further broaden their retail offering internationally.
They employ over 5,000 people at their key facilities in Africa, Brazil and the UK. By ‘Adding Value at Source’ be it conventional fruit or branded products, they are far closer to their farmers and return more to communities through job creation, skills development and technology transfer.
As one of the most sought-after businesses to work for in the Fresh and FMCG sectors, they have made a strategic decision to strengthen their IT team to meet the increasing positive requirements from their retail customers internationally. They are looking to now appoint an Interim IT Development Manager to support their ongoing growth.
They are seeking an experienced IT development professional, who is skilled in business analysis, project management & architecture design. You must be a strong communicator, capable of engaging with colleagues from across the business who may have little or no IT experience and be able to explain problems and solutions simply and clearly. A confident team player who can work closely with 3rd party technology providers and lead the technical aspects of the ERP whilst working closely with business project management.
- QAD, SAP or other similar ERP implementation experience at similar FMCG business
- Technical subject matter expertise within ERP packages, with previous coding experience to be able to guide 3rd parties to resolve issues quickly
- Multi-site & international implementation experience
- Strong experience of system architecture, to ensure efficient & effective data flows
- Demonstrable experience with successfully delivering technical solutions via 3rd party technology providers
- Capability to create structure, process and ways of working from scratch
- Self-starter who can drive the IT agenda across the group, and build
- Strong business analysis background, ability to turn business processes & requirements into system requirements
- Strong negotiation skills & proven ability to effectively manage IT suppliers to deliver solutions to agreed deadlines, without fail
- Ability to assess complex business problems, and simplify IT solutions for business stakeholders to understand
- Support project leader with technical insight
- Ability to quickly understand business processes and covert into system requirements (business analysis)
- The role is responsible for the technical ownership of the clients ERP implementation & managing the 3rd party technology provider to deliver on time, in full and to budget.
- Acting as a leader & mentor to the senior management team, providing technical guidance and ensuring excellent development standards are met.
- Providing support to the project management team and helping balance business requirements & demands with time/cost budgets.
- Creating a group wide IT support framework to enable quick resolution of technical issues related to ERP, user access & network access
- Minimum of an IT or relevant degree plus ideally 10+ years IT development & support experience, preferably within a manufacturing/FMCG environment
It Would Be Great If You Had…
- An ERP certification (SAP, Oracle, Dynamics etc.)
- Microsoft certification – MCSE or MCSD
- Certified data professional (CDP) or similar (via SAP, Oracle or Microsoft etc.)
Contract Salary Rate Available is £40,000- £48,000 for initial 6 month contract.
Our client is dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for them. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find this business to be a fantastic business to work with and who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and potentially other long-term career prospects.
Interested?! Please send your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05086MM