About the opportunity: It is an exciting opportunity to be responsible for all irrigation and nutrition functions including; monitoring the daily hydroponic fertigation systems, data analysis and providing guidance to the irrigation teams on best practice.
About the role:
- Primary focus on soft fruit irrigation and nutrition
- Monitor, report and make decisions on daily hydroponic fertigation requirements including EC and pH management.
- Manage and analyse data – collect samples for nutrient analysis, collate and prepare reports
- Provide strong technical guidance to irrigation teams to ensure best management strategies are adhered to.
- Involvement in areas of crop productions such as: trial work, planning, canopy management, research and development projects and pest and disease
- Coordination of horticultural activities in conjunction with operations teams
- Initiate trial work to increase plant yields or improve crop timing
- Lead harvesting and data collection of variety improvement projects
- Support, monitor and manage budget requirements, adhering to financial requirements and schedules as directed. Track financial performance regularly to ensure compliance with budgetary requirements.
- Use knowledge gained to identify favourable traits within certain crops and implement strategies to realise its full potential
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Horticultural or agricultural qualifications or equivalent experience
- Relevant experience within irrigation and nutrition management
- A passion for plant production and a strong desire for wanting to obtain knowledge
- A passion for field work and be involved in day-to-day operations
- Previous exposure to budget and KPI’s
- High level of organisation and planning skills
- The ability to make decisions independently and act with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrate high level of accountability, commitment and performance
In addition, you should have excellent ability to:
- Communicate clearly with strong interpersonal skills for people management
- Influence and work alongside a diverse range of people