We are currently seeking an Irrigation Specialist -Technician – who will be responsible for the irrigation and fertigation systems – based in Herefordshire.
Our client is an extremely well respected business supplying high quality, year-round berries, cherries and organics to leading retailers. With farms in the UK, South Africa, Portugal and China, they are constantly looking to improve growing systems for the benefit of their customers.
- monitoring and undertaking day to day irrigation duties (equipment installation, repair maintenance, trenches and runoff ditches maintenance) on substrate and soil grown crops at all the Growing sites.
- following the irrigation feed recipes, for the accurate mixing of feed and taking feed samples, as advised by the Agronomist.
- following the irrigation volume blueprint, based on estimations from Agri-tech, and monitoring regularly throughout each day, using own initiative to amend volumes as determined by factors of each day (plant usage, ETA, weather, probes).
- following the climate blueprint, advised by the Agronomist, and monitoring humidity and temperature to ensure that the required levels are being met.
- monitoring continuous moisture monitoring probes, neutron probes, moisture, water meters, electricity meters, fuel consumption on heating units, root condition, weather stations, data loggers, GDH, VPD, fruit sugar levels, runoff, and compost nutrient values as specified in the companies Growing standards.
- planning, purchasing and recording of irrigation parts and equipment, fuel for heating, hand tools, power tools, fertiliser, acid and chemicals( fungicide/pesticide/ root protection/ wetting agents/ water dye).
- Providing assistance to other departments such as glasshouse, maintenance, production and operations, as required.
- install and repair irrigation equipment to the Growing standards and without undue delays.
Requirements of the role:
- Pesticide Knowledge
- Health and Safety
- Pest and Disease Recognition
- Irrigation Control Management (via computer systems)
- Irrigation design,
- Feed calculator
- ETL3 training fertiliser/acid
- Low voltage electricity maintenance
Nmc /Priva systems installation and maintenance.
- PA1, Health and Safety (IOSH)
- Netafim/Priva training
- Substrate management training
- Plant nutrition
How to Apply:
Just send your CV, or if we already have your details, just call or email your interest – Caroline on 01284 715055 – Ref 5063CC