Are you a seasoned Senior Growing/Production Manager with a passion for sustainability and a drive for excellence? Do you have a proven track record in large-scale substrate strawberry operations, with expertise in irrigation, nutrition, and disease/pest management? If you’re ready for an exciting opportunity in the USA, look no further!
About Our Client:
They are a pioneering hydroponic strawberry production business located in one of the best growing areas of the USA. With a significant investment of tabletop strawberry production under high tunnels and who are setting new standards in sustainable farming, their commitment to innovation, quality, and environmental stewardship has positioned them as a leader in their sectors.
Why Choose To Be Aligned To Them?
- Ambitious Growth Plans: They are on a mission to grow and transform their soft fruit industry. Join them at this pivotal moment and be part of their exciting journey in the USA!
- Cutting-Edge Technology: They embrace the latest agricultural technologies, including sensor-driven precision growing, to achieve the highest crop yields with minimal environmental impact.
- Supportive Environment: You will work in a collaborative and forward-thinking team where your ideas are valued, and innovation is encouraged.
As their Growing Manager, you will:
- Manage and optimize the technical aspects of their large-scale strawberry operation.
- Oversee irrigation, nutrition, and disease/pest management strategies.
- Develop field-level crop projections to ensure optimal production.
- Utilize various sensors (pH, tensiometers, water moisture in coir/substrate, EC) to monitor and fine-tune growing conditions.
- Collaborate with the team to innovate and improve sustainable practices.
- Foster clear communication and teamwork within the organization.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- 5-10 years of Growing/Agronomic experience in large-scale substrate strawberry operations.
- Have proven expertise in irrigation, nutrition, and disease/pest management.
- Proven experience in developing field-level crop projections.
- Familiarity with the use of various sensors to optimize growing conditions.
- Excellent communication skills to work effectively within a team.
- Spanish language proficiency is a significant plus.
- Experience operating in Mediterranean climates (similar to our clients growing area in the USA) is advantageous.
What They Offer:
- £Six Figure Competitive Salary: They recognize and reward talent.
- Visa Sponsorship: They provide assistance with visa sponsorship.
- Relocation Assistance: They will help you make a smooth transition to the USA.
If you’re ready to make a significant impact on sustainable soft fruit production in the USA and have the skills and experience our leading client is looking for, we want to hear from you!
Please send your CV via this website or call Ian Reed quoting Ref 05699IR on +44 (0) 1284 715055.