Our exclusive global client truly sows the future. Their high-yield seeds and extensive knowledge make them a trusted partner for farmers – and they have been for generations. In this way, they contribute to solutions for the nutrition of a growing world population. They are constantly improving genetic potential through excellent research and breeding programs. They tailor their seeds to the needs and requirements of customers to deliver the very best quality, making them a strong partner throughout the value chain.
Our client is an innovative seed breeder with a commanding position in the UK seed supply industry across many different sectors and an unrivalled reputation for high quality genetics, in-depth technical knowledge and great service. They’re determined to match their breeding programmes to the precise requirements of customers and trade partners as agriculture evolves over the years ahead and equally keen to ensure their products and thinking open up as many opportunities as possible for the future.
Key to success is ensuring that they can service all stakeholders through their sales channels and in order to achieve this they are looking for an inspiring and commercially focused National Sales Manager for the Maize business.
This is a full-time position, based from Gloucestershire. The successful candidate will arrange their own diary working mostly from home.
What you can expect in this role:
- They are looking for an enthusiastic team player to lead, manage and develop sales activities for the maize product range and communicate this to all relevant stakeholders in a positive and professional manner.
- Leading their sales activities reporting directly to the UK Country Manager you will be responsible for the sales and Management of trade distributors in line with targets.
- Budgeting, implementing, and forecasting sales activities in line with objectives.
- Business report creation and analysis.
- Development of new sales initiatives and implementation of them.
- Maintaining a regular dialogue with trade customer base reporting on progress of varietal development and changes within the agriculture environment.
- Organising and presenting at regular meetings with associated stakeholders and customer groups.
- Working with the maize product manager to ensure messages are delivered in a professional manner in line with strategy.
- You will need to have technical expertise in UK agriculture business
- A well-rounded knowledge of animal nutrition would be appreciated.
- Be willing to travel across the UK and have a full UK driving license.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, trustworthy, and able to work unsupervised.
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship building skills.
- Good Computer Literacy skills (MS Office) and experience with CRM System is advantageous.
- Competitive salary to attract the best plus bonus
- Fully expensed company car
- 30 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Highly competitive Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, of three times annual salary
- Income Protection Plan long-term illness and disability for a period of three years
- Private Health Care Pan
- Profit Related Bonus Scheme
- Membership of Lifestyles discount scheme
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, please give Ian Reed a call ASAP or apply via. this website.